August 3, 2010

New Camera for Aurora?!?

The only thing I have been making in my sewing room for the past 2 weeks is a MESS.  Nothing new to report there - just hammering out bag inventory.  So, since I don't have a purse or apron or quilt to be obsessed with, it's time to be obsessed with PHOTOGRAPHY. *grin*

Simon must have been out of his mind when he agreed to this, but I get to BUY A NEW CAMERA!!!

I have the Canon Digital Rebel XTi camera now, and have had it for almost 5 years. I LOVE IT.  Best money I ever did spend!  But, now that I am getting all camera snobby, I get to upgrade my beginner to a Canon 50D!  YIPPIE!  I am also upgrading my zoom lens to the Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 (fast!) Vibration Control lens.  Turns out the zoom lens I have now has LUCITE lenses instead of GLASS.  No wonder my crap is fuzzy.

Went to Mike's Camera the other day to buy my first speedlite (flash), and got to play with the 50D, hence my falling in love and begging to have it.  NEEEEED it!   Gotta wait until October to save up, but I can totally hold out until then.  No power shopping at Forever 21 or Claire's Boutique. *be strong*

In the meantime, still using my wonderful Rebel to take the adorable images below of the Metz kids when we were at Stampede in Monte Vista this past weekend.  That is an entirely separate story,  but I need to finish sobering up before I can talk about it, or I might yak.

MUAH!

3 comments:

  1. I had to laugh out loud to Claire's Boutique. Sooo funny but much more fun than Home Depot!

    I'm excited for you to have a new toy, you can have my kids as test subjects any time. You can save me for the super model part in your portfolio (Photo shop does perform miracles, right?!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why Tamron?

    Nikon Rulez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I feel ya! I'm trying to save up for a 7D!

    ReplyDelete