November 13, 2009

The Wonderful Wallaby

So being on my knitting kick cuz I am so cool, I decided to learn how to knit a sweater. BUT, I didn't want to make one for myself - that might take forever. So I picked the SMALLEST pattern available, and went to work!

Dude, I think this thing turned out pretty dope! Its not super nerdy like some of the things people stuff their poor kids in. This here is my girl Tami's child (adorable!) and he is SWIMMING in it. But, he was a lovely model for me anyway, the sweet boy!

I've never knit a friggin sweater before, so I found this tutorial on how to do the arms, since I read the pattern and had a deer in headlights look on my face. It might as well been written in Greek. I mean, I am pretty smart, but I read it about 400 times and still didn't get it. Whatever, who needs a damn pattern when you have Google!

2 comments:

  1. It's super cute! Okay, you know what I like for little ones??? Knit vests! Add a cool shirt under for a hip look, collared for that preppy look, it always works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an adorable sweater, and you could not have a cuter model!

    ReplyDelete