May 18, 2010

I Drink for "Dress for Success"

If you'd like me to attend and donate to your cause, just serve wine.

My girl January is volunteering her time for the Dress for Success charity, which promotes economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support, and career development tools.  Yup, she's rad.  PLUS, she made all this crazy awesome food (also a reason I will attend a benefit), including bacon wrapped dates with an almond stuffed in the middle.  I had to get on the treadmill for an hour the next day.  Mmmmm!

One of the ladies there has been stalking Oprah with *the best* way to tie a scarf, and she taught all of us how.  I will only teach you if you promise to do a drive-by on Oprah's house and throw a DVD of the scarf-tying video into her yard.  Oprah, if you read this, put my girl on your show or I'm calling Ellen. 

I raped my closet for clothing to donate, and we had the BEST turnout of people AND donations: clothes, jewelry, shoes, even makeup!  Love my girls.

Kudos to January for setting all of this up, and getting a HUGE donation to a fantastic cause.

1 comment:

  1. what a great cause! i love it!

    ps: i say call ellen, oprah is so 2007! :)

    ReplyDelete