February 26, 2010

Dude, I Owe You!

I have to give a shout-out to William Sharpless Jackson Jr. (better known as Bill) for donating his hard earned cash to the Colorado State First Generation Award Scholarship Fund.

I know you all are just DYING to know how I got so dang brilliant. Well, my mom worked as a checker at a grocery store for 20 years, and couldn't afford to put me through school. She also didn't go to college, so I was eligible for this fancy deal called The First Generation Award.

Then, my mom, sick of the check stand, got motivated to go to school when I did. Turns out, she was eligible too! So we both took advantage of this scholarship, stuffed our brains full of knowledge, earned our degrees, and RAN.

Seriously, if it was NOT for this award, I would not have had the opportunity to go to college, and get as wicked smart as I am. And I have the wonderful folks like Bill Jackson to thank for it!

Below is a pic of Mom, Paul Thayer (First Gen Director), Me, and AWESOME Bill. We had the opportunity to drive him from his home in Denver up to the dinner in Fort Collins, and MAN does this guy have some great stories! Mom and I are going to take him to dinner at The Brown Palace, where he met his wife (now deceased) in 1942!

I hope that, in meeting him, we have proven to him that the money he is donating is indeed going to a worthy cause. I hope that he is proud to be our benefactor.

Now I just need to make myself a success to prove I deserved it! Now, who wants to buy a million Sweat Mate's?? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment